I’m finally doing it. I say finally because I’ve been trying to find a way to make it work for about three years I think and it finally does. Kind of. I don’t know how I’ll be able to pay for school next semester but sometimes you have to just go for something and if it’s meant to be you will find a way to make it work and it’s worth that risk. This was worth it to me.
This time a year ago, I never would have made this leap into uncertainty. But I’ve grown a lot and this decision goes to show for it.
I hope you have or find something that’s worth a risk.
Hey guys! So it’s that time of year when everyone sets goals for themselves to accomplish in the upcoming year. This year, instead of just listing goals, I also made steps to help me achieve these goals. Here they are:
1. Read some of the Bible every day
2. Get all A’s this semester
3. Sign up for yoga teacher training
4. Begin transition into plastic-free/zero waste lifestyle
5. Put more effort in blog/YouTube (I’m thinking about making YouTube videos! If I did, what kinds of videos would you like to see?)
6. Write more
So those are some of the things I want to do this year. I’m trying to stay really focused and driven in my goals, but also working on letting go and being content throughout life in general. Does that make any sense?
I want to know what your goals are for this year, let me know!
Hi lovelies! I hope you’ve had an amazing summer! I’ve been so busy between working a day camp, yoga classes and looking into different teacher trainings, and keeping up with college classes. The school I work at starts back up tomorrow so it’s back to a normal routine! This summer seemed to fly by, it always does. What was your favorite memory from this summer? Any big plans coming up? Do tell!
Here’s my mermaid pose in the sun! Check out that gorgeous sunflower too!
I’ve always thought it was so weird that people are expected to make life decisions at the age or 18. Having to know what is going to make you happy enough to do for the rest of your life when you’re still in high school is insane. So, here I am, in my second semester of college, failing my math class and loving every second of my part time job. If you read through this post, thank you, my plan is to kind of rant about the different directions I feel that I’m being pulled in.
1. Registered Dietitian– with nutrition as my major, being an RD would be my end goal. I love all my nutrition classes and learning more about it all. But the actual “school” bit is killing me. I can’t help but think about how I’m spending my young years in a classroom instead of being outside or reading under a tree or anything else better than listening to professors go through a PowerPoint.
2. Yoga Teacher– I love every minute of every yoga class I take. From the routine of Sun Salutations to busting my face trying to get Crow, I love it all. I’ve always said that whatever I do, I want to be able to look forward to it every day, never just go for the paycheck.
3. Prek-3rd grade teacher– Right now, I work for an after school program through my local YMCA. I’m an assistant teacher at a preschool and at an elementary school. I’m so blessed to have this job because it doesn’t feel like work. The kids make my day.
So I have no idea. Why can’t I just do everything I want to do?! All this life-thinking makes me want to just stay in a shower or something forever. I feel weird saying that, but I always come up with the best ideas in the shower. Are any of you torn between careers? Where do you make your best decision-making?
So with the New Year I’ve been thinking a lot about some goals and things that I want to achieve this here. I thought I’d write them down to make them official and where better than right here so you all can see them!
trust in God more and be more open to His opportunities that He opens to me
practice yoga daily and learn more about the different elements of yoga, not just improve on asanas
learn different stitches in crochet
open an Etsy shop (I’ll be sure to post a link when it’s up and running!)
make more of an effort to work out, not just on weekends
stay more organized through school and improve my GP
I think that may be it so far! What about you? What are your goals for this year and the years to come?
So every time I take a yoga class, I just fall in love with it all over again. Lately, when I practice at home, I’ve been taking videos of my entire practice so I can watch it back to see the things I need to work on and adjust. I think everyone should at least try yoga. It feels so great and there are so many benefits!
Excuse my too serious face!
Who all practices yoga regularly?