After seeing the awesome blog The Zero-Waste Chef’s post on making a sourdough starter, I decided to do it myself. It started off by being a dough all instead of the thick pancake batter consistency that it was supposed to be, but I mixed in a little more water and decided to still try anyway. Today is the third day And this is how it’s turning out.
Bubbles! And it’s bigger than it started. So it looks like tomorrow I’ll be starting a new batch to be fed! Have any of you made sourdough before? What do you use the “discard” for? Help!
Hi lovelies! I hope your Valentine’s Day is full of love, for yourself and towards other people in your life! Yesterday I uploaded a new YouTube video all about my ways to have a better day (search “5 ways to have a good day Lacie” to watch it!) but once I finished the video I kept thinking of more to add! So here are some more ways to have a good day.
1. Tell someone you love that you care about them. Everyone needs to hear that every now and then. How can you not be happy knowing you made someone else smile?
2. Drink some tea. Tea is so calming and warm. Tea also has many other health benefits. Some of my favorites are peppermint and ginger.
3. Snuggle with your dog, cat, person. No explanation needed here.
4. Drive around. To me, there’s someone about driving and belting songs that’s relaxing and fun.
5. Do something that makes you laugh. Whatever it is, do it.
I’ll probably just add to this list as I think of more, but what do you guys do to have a good day? Let me know on here or in a comment on my video! Have a blessed day!
Hey guys! So it’s that time of year when everyone sets goals for themselves to accomplish in the upcoming year. This year, instead of just listing goals, I also made steps to help me achieve these goals. Here they are:
1. Read some of the Bible every day
2. Get all A’s this semester
3. Sign up for yoga teacher training
4. Begin transition into plastic-free/zero waste lifestyle
5. Put more effort in blog/YouTube (I’m thinking about making YouTube videos! If I did, what kinds of videos would you like to see?)
6. Write more
So those are some of the things I want to do this year. I’m trying to stay really focused and driven in my goals, but also working on letting go and being content throughout life in general. Does that make any sense?
I want to know what your goals are for this year, let me know!