Take a look at these awesome blogs!
For the past three or four years I’ve convinced my family to turn off the lights for Earth Hour and tonight’s the night! Tonight at 8:30 wherever you are, you have the power to be something bigger and raise awareness for climate change. Use the hashtags #earthhour and #yourpower to show everyone how you’re making a difference!
Later I’m going to make a post of other ways you can make a positive environmental change!
Are you celebrating Earth Hour tonight? Let me know!
Earth Hour’s 10 year old initiative to go dark for the planet takes place at 8:30pm tonight.
It all began in Australia in 2005 when the World Wildlife Federation dreamed up a way to raise awareness about the impact of climate change. It has since become the largest voluntary action for the environment, with people and organizations all around the world turning off all non-essential lights for an hour.
Here are a couple of others… just to get the ball rolling. Got more? Please add them to the list, by dropping a comment below!
Think like an Australian, when it comes to water. If you know an Aussie, you know they call faucets…
View original post 272 more words
After seeing the awesome blog The Zero-Waste Chef’s post on making a sourdough starter, I decided to do it myself. It started off by being a dough all instead of the thick pancake batter consistency that it was supposed to be, but I mixed in a little more water and decided to still try anyway. Today is the third day And this is how it’s turning out.
Bubbles! And it’s bigger than it started. So it looks like tomorrow I’ll be starting a new batch to be fed! Have any of you made sourdough before? What do you use the “discard” for? Help!
Here are my goals this month. At the end of this month I’ll come back to these and reflect on how I did. Here goes!
- Read some of the bible every day
- Read at least two books (I finished Start Something That Matters by Blake Mycoskie today, does that count?!)
- Open my Etsy shop
- Blog twice a week
- Continue to declutter my room
- Sell clothes on vinted or poshmark (let me know if you use either of these! I love them!)
- Work out at least 4 times a week
Okay, seeing them all written out, it looks like a lot but I think I’ve got this! If anyone has any time management ideas or tips, pleaaase help a sister out. What are your goals for March?
Hi lovelies! I hope your Valentine’s Day is full of love, for yourself and towards other people in your life! Yesterday I uploaded a new YouTube video all about my ways to have a better day (search “5 ways to have a good day Lacie” to watch it!) but once I finished the video I kept thinking of more to add! So here are some more ways to have a good day.
1. Tell someone you love that you care about them. Everyone needs to hear that every now and then. How can you not be happy knowing you made someone else smile?
2. Drink some tea. Tea is so calming and warm. Tea also has many other health benefits. Some of my favorites are peppermint and ginger.
3. Snuggle with your dog, cat, person. No explanation needed here.
4. Drive around. To me, there’s someone about driving and belting songs that’s relaxing and fun.
5. Do something that makes you laugh. Whatever it is, do it.
I’ll probably just add to this list as I think of more, but what do you guys do to have a good day? Let me know on here or in a comment on my video! Have a blessed day!