Hey everyone! I hope your week has been fantastic.
Today I want to share with you how I manage to buy most of my food (I still live at home) while paying for school. I love to dig through Pinterest and look at tips on how to make and save money, so I wanted to show you all how I put them into practice!
- I have a part time job. I work an average of 25-30 hours a week. Right now, I’m in the process of changing my major so I’m taking less credit hours. Next semester I’ll probably work closer to 20-25 hours due to the increase of credit hours.
- Use money saving apps like Ibotta, Checkout 51, and Snap. These apps are super easy to use and the money saved adds up quickly. I never go to the store without checking these first!
- Meal plan to cut down on waste. At the end of the week, I plan out what I’m going to eat the next week and make a grocery list.
- I buy almost everything on sale. If it’s not on sale, then I most likely won’t buy it!
- Look for reduced and manager’s special items. These items are most likely about to expire, if you are ready to use them right away, the savings are great!
- Don’t buy everything organic. As much as I would love to, I just can’t buy everything organic. But the Dirty Dozen is a good place to start!
I hope these tips help you! They sure have helped me a whole lot! What are some things that you do to save money?